Slice of Life-Take 2-7/31

I stretch upwards and arch my back as I release a low yawn. I look out the window only to see the familiar colors glaring back at me.

The sunset is starting to fade downwards and disappear. With the disappearing of the sun, comes the best part–the colors. These winter sunsets are like no other.

While each one is slightly different, they all have the same basic colors–orange, yellow, and light blue. The orange and the blue are the most obvious, and last the longest. The yellow is fleeting, and leaves when the sun does. The blue however, lingers. It stays with us for as long as we bother to watch.

Once the magic is over, all returns to usual. Snow still falls. Winds still whip at windows, exposed skin, and rosy cheeks. Hands are shoved into mittens and gloves to keep warm.

Life goes on. And so do you.

4 thoughts on “Slice of Life-Take 2-7/31”

1. The picture is so pretty! All the snow in my yard melted, so it looks pretty “blah” at my house right now…

2. Hi Maura! So glad you’re slicing with us again this month! I love your photos, as usual! 🙂

“The blue however, lingers. It stays with us for as long as we bother to watch.”

Something about this line resonates with me. It makes me think of the whole point of this challenge – that all these little things happen, if we “bother to watch.” Great post!

1. Hi!! Sorry I’m just getting back to this, I’m still not used to my new theme and writing everyday…
      Thank you though! I’m trying to keep taking pictures everyday since hockey season is over. I’m so used to having my entire body numb while I take pictures, with the sugar from hot chocolate running through my veins, that I am not quite sure what I’m going to do now. Hopefully I can use the Slice of Life to try and add pictures every few days.