Slice of Life-Take 2-11/31

AsĀ  I walk back into the room, I feel laughter bubble out of my stomach. The sight of my dog, wrapped up with the blanket I was just using, sitting in the spot I had just stood up from, was too much for me.

I had stood up from the spot on the couch about two minutes ago. I hadn’t anticipated Lucy taking my spot, but I knew I should have.

Before I had gotten up, Lucy was sitting next to me. She seemed relatively happy, while she slept and I alternated between reading and watching TV. That is until she let out a heavy sigh as soon as I nudged her the slightest bit. She waited a few minutes hesitated a few seconds, and sat up. She turned her head and looked back at me, with an accusing look in her eyes. She hopped off the couch as gracefully as her short legs would allow and sat on the area rug next to the couch.

Coming out of my daze, I walk over to Lucy’s declared spot on the couch, and attempt to get her to scooch over a few centimeters so I can sit down. Judging from the deadpan look I receive, I know that I am not succeeding.

Taking a page out of Lucy’s book, I sigh and squeeze into the little space she left for me. I tug the parts of the blanket that she isn’t sitting on and attempt to cover my legs. She looks up at me, with those big brown eyes, and patiently waits for me to get comfortable. I take the (not so) subtle hint and sit still. Lucy sighs yet again, and rests her head on my knees. For now, she seems to be satisfied.

One thought on “Slice of Life-Take 2-11/31”